Economic development is a key component to the success of our town, and I want to tell you what I will do differently as First Selectman.
- I will be an active part in the plan.
- I will work with the Economic Development Commission to identify the current open buildings and suitable locations for growth.
- I will work to identify the types of businesses you have told me you want in town.
- I will personally visit with potential business owners. I will be an ambassador, touting the benefits of choosing a Colchester location for the entrepreneur’s new business or expansion.
- I will review the current process for business development and ensure we have streamlined current red tape in place without compromising our building codes.
- I will bring a professional onboard to lead the commission volunteers to develop the steps necessary to put our vision into action.
- I will designate funding for marketing our town as a desired destination for visitors and business owners alike.
This plan will create excitement around Colchester and will help to bring additional revenue into our town, which ultimately will benefit businesses and taxpayers. Additionally, I will not forget the businesses that already make Colchester a great place. I have already begun meeting with our business community, expressing my plan to work with them for continued success and balanced growth. Revenue, jobs and exciting opportunities are benefits of this plan, while keeping the character of the town we love.